Saturday, June 27, 2009

Tao Te Ching - Patient Thoughts and Printed Words


"Do you have the patience to wait until your mud settles and the water is clear?"

That is an amusing thought. I've seen mud puddles, I've felt muddied mind, I've even stirred in the muddy waters with my muse waiting for inspiration. The printed word is slippery like an eel, it hides just below the surface of where I am. Do I have the patience to wait until the mud clears so I can see what I am saying?

I try, I write anyway and keep writing until I can sit on the bottom of that muddy pool and see clear into the ice blue sky of my mind wanting to be perfectly clear. Do I have patience? Not yet, but I do hope to acquire it once I finish reading this tiny, but very heavy--simple but very complex book. It amazes and frustrates me while it baffles and illuminates.

If you can't figure out what I mean...you really need to get this book - the most amazing phrase is "The master does nothing, yet he leaves nothing undone." Care to comment on that? I am interested in what you have to say.

Billie/Word Wizard
who feels nothing like a wizard compared to the Tao

No comments: