Friday, March 16, 2012

On The Go With Children's Author Nancy Sanders

Hi Nancy,
I'm so glad you could join us today on the last day of your tour for D is for Drinking Gourd. A good week's worth of getting to know you. So far we have your website and your blog so our readers might visit you and learn more.
On the Go with Children’s Author Nancy I. Sanders



 Now, let's find out a bit more about getting your to come visit with readers who want to see you live and in person. First the information about this book again.

Featured Book:

 D is For Drinking Gourd
D is for Drinking Gourd: An African American Alphabet

Author: Nancy I. Sanders

Illustrator: E. B. Lewis

Publisher: Sleeping Bear Press




And now Some questions about you and what you do....

Q. Do you visit schools for author events?

A. One of the joys of writing for kids is to visit kids at schools for author events. I’ve gone to various local schools over the years for in-person visits. In February of this year, I attended a Career Day for a local junior high of over 400 students and talked with kids about how they can become an author, too! I’ve also done Skype visits with classrooms or e-mail visits where the teachers invite the students to ask me questions. It’s not only a great way to promote my books, it’s also a great way to promote the joy and love of reading!



Q. Do you teach writing classes?

A. Yes, I also teach classes on how-to-write. I’ve taught at various writing conferences on writing for children. I base my teaching sessions on my groundbreaking book for children’s writers, Yes! You Can Learn How to Write Children’s Books, Get Them Published, and Build a Successful Writing Career. Members of my class are so encouraged and so many of them start experiencing success based on the strategies I teach, even if they’ve been trying to get published for years.



I also teach writing classes and host online chats for writers at sites such as the Working Writers Club at www.workingwritersclub.com. My classes are based on tried and true methods I use as a bestselling and award-winning author of over 80 books.



Q. How can writers connect with you so they can implement your winning strategies into their own writing life?

A. The first thing every children’s writer should do is purchase and read my book, Yes! You Can Learn How to Write Children’s Books, Get Them Published, and Build a Successful Writing Career. There simply isn’t another book like this available on the market today. I share about the inside world of publishing with practical tips on how to make my success your success, too. But don’t just take my word for it! Read the testimonials of other writers who have contacted me and let me know about their success. Visit my site at: www.yesyoucanlearn.wordpress.com/testimonies/



I also love to do virtual classes with small or large groups of writers. My virtual workshops can be tailored to fit the needs of any writing group whether it’s comprised of children’s writers or writers for adults. I can teach you how to jumpstart your writing career to the next level whether it’s through creating winning first pages in your manuscripts or building a website for your upcoming book. For more information about scheduling a virtual workshop for your group of writing friends or for your writers’ group, please visit my site: www.yesyoucanlearnvirtualvisit.wordpress.com/


Thank you again Nancy I'm looking forward to enjoying all your books and joining your classes for children's writers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much, Billie, for hosting me on my Virtual Book Tour! It was great to be a guest on your site. -Nancy

Donna McDine said...

Hi Billie:

Thank you for hosting Nancy on the last day of her virtual book tour, much appreciated!

Hi Nancy:

You must be the master of multi-tasking! You are a true inspiration!

Best regards,
Donna
The Golden Pathway story book Blog

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by Donna, it's great to get to know working writers and how they do it.
Billie