Friday, January 7, 2011

January 7....I'm Not Going to Take it Anymore Day


Today, January 7, 2011, is “I’m Not Going To take it Anymore Day. It reminds me of a little ditty Mae West used to say that won’t leave your mind once you hear it. (Don’t tell me your too young, that you’ve never heard of her?  Where have you been…anyway) 
Matter of fact, it even sounds a bit risqué as she starts to recite it in her deep mahogany voice. Picture her sultry expression and hear with the ear of a long ago fan.

            “I ain’t gonna do it for a dime no more
            It hurts my back and makes me sore.
            Fifteen cents is my regular price.
            Give me a quarter and I’ll do it twice.
            Shoe shine, mister?
Good for a smile isn't it? = )
Another famous line of hers was “Why don’t you come up and see me some time.”  But today is I’m Not Going to Take it An more Day so let me ask you…What won’t you put up with anymore?


No comments: